Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Deep Dish on the App Engine Developer Community



I've returned from the App Engine hack-a-thon in Chicago a Superfan of the App Engine community. We had lots of fun meeting App Engine developers, but why let me tell you about it? A couple of attendees wrote great summaries of the day: A Ruby on Rails developer giving Python a whirl, and a developer who worked on testing with App Engine. We saw people working on iPhone apps, OpenSocial and App Engine, and even a chat application! See the pictures below:

While I was away I kept up with all the App Engine goings on with a little help from a spy, and it's nice to know that I can exclaim my whereabouts while I'm gone using Harper Reed's and Aaron Salmon's excellent app!

Many developers are finding PyDev + Eclipse a great way to develop on App Engine, and IBM's developerWorks has a great article on creating mashups doing just that.

Submissions for our Open Source page continue apace, with the newest contributions for fans of REST, microblogging, and reCAPTCHAs.

Enjoy the heat!

No comments: