Monday, August 18, 2008

Take it with you, the whole kit-and-caboodle

One of my favorite things about the SDK is the fact that it works offline. When I'm without Internet access on a train, bus, or plane, I can still develop and test my application. I usually work with my browser open, one tab pointed squarely at localhost:8080 and another open to the App Engine documentation. Until recently, the documentation presented a bit of a challenge when I was without network connectivity. But now, we've released the App Engine documentation as a downloadable zip file.

On a related note, our documentation is now licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License (except as otherwise noted). For full details on licensing see As Dan Sanderson explains on the discussion group,

"These licenses permit you to re-distribute the documentation, and to 
distribute derivative works.  For example, you can translate the 
documentation into another language, and distribute the translation. 
You can also convert the documentation to a different format (such as 
PDF), and distribute the new format. "

We're also planning to bundle the documentation with future versions of the SDK.

No comments: